THE FOLLOWING CASE : MARY BELL

Mary Bell, 10 years old

Mary Bell : The Child Killer.

The title is so much meaner than the innocent look on that pretty little girl, but, the fact is written there. She was a killer of 2 kids.

Martin Brown (4) and Brian Howe (3)

These boys were killed by her own hands, in such a tragic way. On top of that, she didn't have the slightest feeling of guilty,in fact, she's proud of it. She is NO DOUBT the cruelest 10 year old girl I've ever ..read?

Let's see what wikipedia wrote about her.

Mary Flora Bell (born 26 May 1957 in Newcastle upon Tyne, England) was convicted in December 1968 of the manslaughter of two boys, Martin Brown (aged four years) and Brian Howe (aged three years). Bell was ten years old at the time of one of the killings, and eleven at the time of the other.

On 25 May 1968, the day before her 11th birthday, Mary Flora Bell strangled four-year-old Martin Brown. She was believed to have committed this crime alone. Between that time and the second killing, she and her friend Norma Joyce Bell (no relation), age thirteen, broke into and vandalised a nursery in Scotswood, leaving notes that claimed responsibility for the Brown killing. The Newcastle police dismissed this incident as a prank.

On 31 July 1968, the two took part in the death, again by strangulation, of three-year-old Brian Howe. Police reports concluded that Mary Bell had gone back after killing him to carve an "N" into his stomach with a razor; this was then changed using the same razor but with a different hand to an "M". Mary Bell also used a pair of scissors to cut off bits of Brian Howe's hair and to mutilate his genitals. As the girls were so young and their testimonies contradicted each other, what happened has never been entirely clear. Martin Brown's death was initially ruled an accident as there was no evidence of foul play. Eventually, his death was linked with Brian Howe's killing and in August, the two girls were charged with two counts of manslaughter.


Life after prison.

Bell was released from custody in 1980, having served 12 years, and was granted anonymity to start a new life (under a new name) with her daughter, who was born in 1984.


Mary Bell ,23 years old

Oh My, She's gorgeous, that's what I think when I look at that picture.

anyway.. another great case I studied. SO much into such cases lately. Interestingly interesting. :D

I did studied another case, The Black Dahlia. You wouldn't believe that I couldn't sleep reading about her. O-EM-GEE. Such a scary story!

I must stop studying murder cases for now, need to get off The Black Dahlia from my memory. See if I can blog it out, I try. :D

Jya neh! ;)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually this picture of Mary is when she was 16 and still incarcerated, but she was released at age 23.
- GM

cashley44 said...

Mary Bell was severely psychologically, and I believe physically abused as a child by her father and drunk mother. Yes she killed two helpless children, but it was a cry for help, for attention, which was never answered. She did not comprehend what she had done at that age, being too damaged and young to realize the consequences of such crimes. She also did not grasp the finality of death.
Read Cries Unheard; The story of Mary Bell if you want her real story from someone who was a big part of the case and befriended her later in her life in order to write the book.

Anonymous said...

I knew who I was at 10. I had been sexually abused from the time I was 4 years old, possibly younger. My father brutilized all of us both physically & mentally.. I threatened to kill my father if he tried to kill one of us again. I was 10 at the time.
This bitch knew what she did & she should have been executed.. She is a sociopath. She should have never to be allowed to be a mother & her child should have been taken from her..